2015 Mercedes C-Class Technological Highlights
2015 Mercedes-Benz technological options will include Airmatic Agility Package, Ambient Lighting, Comand online and more
by John Clark | 11 December 2013
We’ve spied the next-gen Mercedes-Benz C-Class completely undisguised and from every angle and even though there is only a short time left before Mercedes officially announces and reveals the new C-Class we know there are some of you out there that don’t want to wait to learn more.
And for those of you that don’t want to wait, we have some major technological details about the new model.
Most of the features listed below are optional, but with all of them, the W205 will be without question the most advanced model in its segment:
- Airmatic Agility Package – by far the most talked about optional feature on the upcoming C-Class, the system will come with an onboard Agility Select switch which can help the owner choose between five different driving programs – Eco/Comfort, Standard, Sport, Sport Plus and Custom. Each of them can change the suspension, the steering and the engine and transmission response to optimize comfort, sportiness, fuel efficiency or a combination of all;
- Air Balance Package – another feature taken straight from the S-Class W222, this system offers a better filtration of the air in the cockpit, including ionization, plus a choice of interior fragrances identical to those from its bigger brother;
- Ambient Lighting – unlike on the S-Class, the LED-based interior ambience lighting will only offer its passengers a choice from three colors (White, Yellow and Red);
- Audio 20 CD With Touchpad – the standard audio system comes with a radio CD-player and a tablet-like TFT screen that measures 17,78 cm and 800 x 480 pixels. Along the now classic Comand controller, it can also be operated via a new touchpad that allows two-finger swiping like on a tablet;
- Burmester Surround Sound System – No less than 13 speakers are expected to take the former Harman Kardon Logic 7 sound experience a step further in terms of quality with the new optional audio system;
- Comand Online – this feature includes a larger, 21.33 cm display, which may come in handy as the cars fitted with it also benefit from an integrated WiFi hotspot;
- Head-up Display – after the recently-launched S 65 AMG, the C-Class W205 will be the second Mercedes-Benz to offer a head-up display system as an option, after the Stuttgart brand has avoided the technology for a number of years;
- LED Intelligent Light System – just like its E-Class and S-Class bigger brothers, the new C-Class will also benefit from an intelligent full-LED lighting system;
- Airpanel – another exclusive and optional feature on the upcoming C-Class, the Airpanel is a system which is based on electrically-operated engine blinds that can be used to either improve the vehicle’s aerodynamics or keep the engine warm for longer periods of time.