Ulysse Nardin Marine Chronometer Manufacture
The UN Caliber-118 continues the advancement of Ulysse Nardin’s use of new materials and techniques.
by John Clark | 04 August 2012
From the art of enameling to the precision of engineering and technology, Ulysse Nardin reveals through the Marine Chronometer that art and innovation go hand in hand in leading the company in the most independent of ways. Further illustrating Ulysse Nardin’s imagination and pioneering in watch making is the UN-118 caliber, produced using DiamonSil, Ulysse Nardin’s revolutionary alliance of diamond and silicon. Since the spark of international trade in the late 19th century, Ulysse Nardin has been making marine chronometers, keeping captains and their valued cargo precisely on course. The Marine Chronometer Manufacture, with its beautifully hand-crafted enamel dial, powered by the UN-118 Caliber, also includes Ulysse Nardin’s own oscillator and patented hairspring, proving again its leadership in the innovative use of avant-garde materials in the watch industry.
Marine Chronometer Manufacture – 1186-122/40
- Caliber UN-118.
- Self-winding movement with unique time zone quick setting.
- 18 ct rose gold with Grand Feu enameled dial.
- Officially certified chronometer in-house designed movement with patented DiamonSil escapement.
- Power reserve 60-hour.
- Water-resistant to 200 m.
- Screw down security crown.
- Anti-reflective sapphire case.
- Leather strap with 18 ct gold elements and folding buckle.
- Limited Edition to 350 pieces.
You can learn more about the Ulysse Nardin Marine Chronometer Manufacture at the official Ulysse Nardin website.