Sales Release for S500 4MATIC Coupé & S63 AMG 4MATIC Coupé
The Mercedes-Benz S 500 4MATIC Coupé and Mercedes S 63 AMG 4MATIC Coupé are now available for ordering
by Jim Davis | 02 April 2014
The Mercedes-Benz S 500 4MATIC Coupé and Mercedes S 63 AMG 4MATIC Coupé are now available for ordering, with prices starting at € 125,961.50 and € 170,586.50 respectively. The two dream cars will be delivered to dealerships in September. In combination with all-wheel drive, the two-door car features AIRMATIC air suspension with the adaptive ADS PLUS damping system. The MAGIC BODY CONTROL suspension system featuring the innovative curve inclination function will be available as a world-first for the rear-wheel-drive models which can be ordered as of 14 July. To tie in with the market launch of the S-Class Coupé, an Edition 1 will be available for a limited period. This includes highlights such as the LED Intelligent Light System with Swarovski crystals and the Exclusive Interior package featuring seats in designo Exclusive nappa leather.
Stylistically self-assured presence, exclusive appointments and refined sportiness – the new S-Class Coupé from Mercedes-Benz combines the classic proportions of a Gran Turismo with modern luxury and state-of-the art technology. The two-door car is initially available as the S 500 4MATIC Coupé (€ 125,961.50) with the 4663 cc V8 biturbo engine. The Coupé has a rated output of 335 kW (455 hp) and generates maximum torque of 700 Nm.
Even sportier and more powerful is the new S 63 AMG 4MATIC Coupé (€ 170,586.50), whose high-calibre AMG 5.5-litre V8 biturbo engine provides for an effortlessly superior motoring experience. Boasting an output of 430 kW (585 hp) and 900 Nm of torque, the S 63 AMG 4MATIC Coupé delivers exceptional performance combined with remarkably low fuel consumption.
Both Coupés feature an extensive scope of standard equipment, including COMAND Online, THERMOTRONIC automatic climate control, and the LED Intelligent Light System.
A selection of the optional extras available:
- LED Intelligent Light System with Swarovski crystals (€ 3332)
- Head-up display (€ 1201.90)
- Touchpad (€ 178.50, standard in the S 63 AMG Coupé)
- Driving Assistance package Plus including DISTRONIC PLUS with Steering Assist and Stop&Go Pilot, PRE-SAFE® Brake, BAS PLUS with Cross-Traffic Assist, Active Blind Spot Assist, Active Lane Keeping Assist and PRE-SAFE® PLUS (€ 2677.50, only in conjunction with 360° camera for € 1023.40)
- Night View Assist Plus with early detection of people and large animals in the dark, including Spotlight function (€ 2427.60)
- Seat comfort package for driver and front passenger, comprising: active multicontour seats in the front with dynamic function (seat side bolsters are each adjusted via an air chamber) and with ENERGIZING massage function (massage function via 14 air chambers in the seat backrest, massage heating panels in the spinal area), seat heating and adjustable lumbar support via three air chambers (€ 2023, standard in the S 63 AMG Coupé)
- AIR-BALANCE package, including ionisation, improved air filtering and fragrancing (€ 440.30)
- Warmth Comfort package comprising heated armrest in driver’s door, front passenger door and centre console, heated multifunction sports steering wheel (€ 511.70)
- Burmester® high-end 3D surround sound system with 24 loudspeakers, 24 amplifier channels and a total system output of 1520 W (€ 7497)
Overview of models and prices:
||S 500 4MATIC Coupé
||S 63 AMG 4MATIC Coupé
|Number of cylinders/arrangement||8/V||8/V|
|Rated power (kW/hp at rpm)||335/455 at 5250-5500||430/585 at 5500|
|Rated torque (Nm at rpm)||700 at 1800-3500||900 at 2250-3750|
|Combined fuel consumption from (l/100 km)||9.4||10.3|
|Combined CO2 emissions from (g/km)||219||242|
|Acceleration 0-100 km/h (s)||4.6||3.9|
|Top speed (km/h)1
1 electronically limited, 2 sales prices in Germany, incl. 19 percent VAT
For a limited period only: S-Class Coupé Edition 1
To tie in with the market launch of the S-Class Coupé, an Edition 1 will be available for a limited period. On the exterior, this includes highlights such as the LED Intelligent Light System with Swarovski crystals and Night View Assist Plus with Spotlight function.
The interior is embellished by the following features:
Interior Exclusive package:
- Seats in designo Exclusive nappa leather with contrasting topstitching and piping in crystal grey/black or Bengal red/black
- Instrument panel with contrasting piping, front and rear centre armrests and door panels in nappa leather with contrasting topstitching
- Roof lining and sun visors in DINAMICA microfibre
- designo floor mats with edging in nappa leather and featuring designo badges / AMG Exclusive floor mats with edging in nappa leather in grey or red with
- AMG badge
- 3-spoke multifunction sports steering wheel in wood/leather / AMG 3-spoke sports steering wheel with “Edition 1″ lettering
- High-gloss black poplar wood trim, other trim options alternatively available
- Door sill panels with illuminated “Mercedes-Benz” lettering / “AMG” lettering
- Electric sunblind for rear window
- Swarovski crystals on the centre console in the front (S 63 AMG only)
The sales prices for the “Edition 1″ models in Germany stand at € 140,193.90 for the S 500 4MATIC Coupé and € 181,326.25 for the S 63 AMG 4MATIC Coupé.