New E-Class at Dealerships in April
There are initially three engines available at market launch: the E 200- €45,303.301, the E 220 d-€47,1241, and the E 350 d- €55,602.751
by Jim Davis | 18 January 2016
The new E-Class combines sensually pure design and an exclusive interior with innovations that make it the most intelligent saloon in the executive category. There are initially three engines available at market launch: the first two models are the E 200 with a four-cylinder petrol engine developing 135 kW (184 hp) available from €45,303.301 and the E 220 d (available from €47,1241) featuring an all-new four-cylinder diesel engine with an output of 143 kW (195 hp), which has combined NEDC fuel consumption of 3.9 litres per 100 kilometres, equivalent to CO2 emissions of 102 grams per kilometre. The third variant, delivery of which starts in June 2016, is the powerful E 350 d (available from €55,602.751) with a V6 diesel engine developing 190 kW (258 hp) and a torque of 620 Nm. All three models are equipped with the 9G-TRONIC nine-speed automatic transmission as standard.
Despite a significant increase in efficiency and output (143 kW/195 hp compared with 125 kW/170 hp) and far lower fuel consumption (3.9 litres compared with 4.5 litres per 100 kilometres) with the automatic transmission, the basic price of the E 220 d is comparable with that of the previous E 220 BlueTEC (€47,124 compared with €46,945.50).
Right from the launch of the new E-Class, Mercedes-Benz Bank is offering attractive financing and leasing deals for private and business customers.
As an example, private customers can lease a new E 220 d worth €47,124 for a monthly rate as low as €399. At the end of the contract, the customer can choose to buy the vehicle at a guaranteed purchase price or return it to the dealer. Furthermore, customers can opt for one of Mercedes-Benz Bank’s private and business leasing mobility packages to provide financial flexibility and insurance cover for a fixed monthly instalment.
The E-Class Saloon comes with an extensive array of standard equipment, including the 9G-TRONIC nine-speed automatic transmission, Active Brake Assist, the PRE-SAFE® system with PRE-SAFE® Sound, THERMATIC automatic climate control, DYNAMIC SELECT with five selectable transmission modes, the Audio 20 USB infotainment system and electrically adjustable front seats. Exterior and interior individualisation is possible by ordering the AVANTGARDE, EXCLUSIVE or AMG Line design and equipment package.
The new E-Class marks the premiere of numerous technical innovations, including:
- High-resolution MULTIBEAM LED headlamps (€2320.501). These headlamps, each with 84 individually activated high-performance LEDs, automatically illuminate the road surface with a hitherto unsurpassed, precision-controlled distribution of exceptionally bright light – without dazzling other road users.
- AIR BODY CONTROL (€22611). With this multi-chamber air suspension – a first in this segment – the occupants enjoy soft base suspension, and the secure feeling of good handling stability as the speed increases.
- Driving Assistance package (€22611). Components of this package include the DRIVE PILOT comprising Steering Pilot with Active Lane-change Assistant, extended tolerance levels for the hands-off warning and active emergency-stop assist, Distance Pilot DISTRONIC with extended automatic restart in traffic jams and Speed Limit Pilot, Active Brake Assist with cross-traffic function and a function for initiating autonomous emergency braking at the tail end of traffic jams, plus Evasive Steering Assist, Active Blind Spot Assist, Active Lane Keeping Assist and PRE-SAFE® PLUS.
- Driving Assistance package Plus (€28561). In addition to the components of the Driving Assistance package, this package includes PRE-SAFE® impulse side. If a lateral collision has been detected and is imminent, this system moves the driver or front passenger away from the danger zone in a sideways direction by way of precaution.
- Remote Parking Pilot. This system enables the vehicle to be manoeuvred into and out of garages and parking spaces from outside the vehicle via a smartphone app for the first time. The Remote Parking Pilot is one of the Mercedes me connect services and is available in combination with the Parking package (€1725.501) and KEYLESS-GO (€8331) or the KEYLESS-GO package (€1439.901) and COMAND online (€3272.501).
- Digital vehicle key (€1191, from June 2016). This drive authorisation system uses Near Field Communication technology and allows the driver’s smartphone to be used as a vehicle key.
- The interior combines emotion and intelligence. Optional highlights for the new E-Class include a wide-screen cockpit with individually configurable double display (€1011.501) and the sophisticated COMAND Online multimedia system (€3272.501). The latter of these options is the world’s first fully integral Car-to-X solution to go into series production. The mobile phone-supported exchange of information with other vehicles allows the driver to receive an earlier warning than previously in the event of imminent danger, such as a broken down vehicle at the edge of the road or also in the event of heavy rain or black ice on the road ahead.
The model line-up at a glance:
|E 200||E 220 d||E 350 d|
|Number of cylinders/arrangement||4/in-line||4/in-line||6/V|
|Rated output (kW/hp at rpm)||135/184 at 5500||143/194 at 3800||190/258 at 3400|
|Rated torque (Nm at rpm)||300 at 1200-4000||400 at 1600-2800||620 at 1600-2400|
|Combined fuel consumption from (l/100 km)||6.3-5.9||4.3-3.9||5.5-5.1|
|Combined CO2 emissions from (g/km)||142-132||112-102||144-133|
|Acceleration 0-100 km/h (s)||7.7||7.3||5.9|
|Top speed (km/h)||240||240||250|
|Price1 from (€)||45,303.30||47,124||55,602.75|